FAQs on Tokenization
To enjoy a faster and safer online payment experience, tokenize your Doha Bank Debit Cards. As per regulatory guidelines, all your card credentials saved on merchant website / mobile app will be deleted by the merchants.
It is the process of replacing the actual card number with a unique number called a ‘token’. This enables the processing of payments at online merchants without exposing your actual card details.
- An additional layer of security when transacting online.
- Enter card details just once for multiple transactions.
- keep your personal financial information safe on a Retailer’s / Merchant’s website.
- Step 1 – Enter your Doha Bank Debit Card details at merchant platform (online shopping site / App).
- Step 2 – Provide the consent to tokenize your debit card*.
- Step 3 – Enter OTP received on your registered mobile number to authenticate.
- Step 4 – Card is tokenized successfully.
*Applicable for both – existing saved cards and new cards.
Tokenization is not mandatory. It is your choice to allow tokenization of your card. Those who don’t want to create a token can carry on with their transaction as usual by manually entering their card information.
NO, the customer is not required to pay any fees in order to use this service.